Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Been a Long Time

Wow. It has been a very long time since I wrote anything. In the last 3 years I've played a lot of games. My last couple of posts from 2009 mention Hi-Rez Studios and Guild Wars 2. Ironically, these days I find my self playing Tribes:Ascend by Hi-Rez and anxiously awaiting Guild Wars 2.

I ended up never playing Global Agenda despite how excited I seemed to be for it. The new Tribes is a great game though. I love their F2P model for that game. The game is obviously free to download and play, but you only have access to certain classes, weapons, and abilities. Additional configurations can be unlocked with XP or Gold. XP is earned in each match you play while Gold must be purchased with real money. So basically you can pay with your time or with your disposable income. It is important to note that you don't really need to unlock any of the weapons, grenades, packs, or perks. None of these options are more powerful in all situations. Purchasable skins are planned for the future which will add some cool customization as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment